Usage Guidelines for Medicine Mistakes and the Reptilian Brain discussion
In the new year of 2013, I’ve decided to open up my blog to comments and submissions from anyone on the world wide web.
To maintain some basic order and cleanliness, I am instilling the following simple rules in addition to any local internet, web, copyright and related laws you may have in your respective geographic locations:
- No spam (including but not limited to automatic submission of comments or bots, and manually posting off-topic links or promoting products/services without permission)
- No phishing or soliciting user access credentials to this or any other site
- No hacking this site or otherwise trying to infect participants’ computers
- No collecting of user data from this site without express permission of the site owner, Dr. John Meagher (no indexing, crawling, email scraping or data exporting)
- Keep discussion courteous and on-topic
Posts, feedback, comments and any other content or behaviours which do not meet these simple guidelines will be prohibited/removed and may potentially result in further cooperation with local branches of law enforcement should legal actions be necessary.
Peace, honesty, love and respect are all attributes of the NewMind™; while fighting, lies, hate and disrespect are all signs of the ego and the reptilian brain at work. I strongly believe that these are simple rules that bring us more into a NewMind™ state of mind, and will allow us to have an excellent productive discourse on the subject towards reduction and prevention of medical errors and other bad decisions in any field.
- Your Theory of Error Matters
- Meditate on death to live more fully.
- Tolstoy’s Ivan Illyich asks, “how have I lived?” A Cautionary Tale.
- Ivan Illyich’s Doctors treat his disease but neglect him.
- The Elephant in the Dark House
- “Needless” Mr. Lemond’s reflection on end of life gasping for breath.
- We see what we expect to see.
- The ageless conquest of oneself
- The Inner Game of Golf- of Medicine
- What advice would you give to a medical student?
- “That was a curious incident – the corneal abrasion did not pain.
- Poems to jolt when humanity has flat-lined in the hosptial
- Heard at a Journal Club On “the Difficult Encounter”
- Brochure for upcoming CME event: Staying Tuned La Malbaie, May 8th, 2016
- Staying Tuned CME May 8th at La Malbaie QC
- Percocet (oxycodone): This White Collar Heroin is a dog collar. Who will escape?
- Is Cynicism pernicious to your health?
- Should the privileged get privileged care?
- Antoine Saint de Exupery (or The Carpenter and his Block of Wood)
- Heartsink is a better term than Difficult Patient?
Contact the Author
- January 2017 (1)
- July 2016 (5)
- June 2016 (4)
- May 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (4)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (3)
- October 2014 (6)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (4)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)