Buy Medicine Mistakes and the Reptilian Brain
To Purchase Medicine, Mistakes and the Reptilian Brain, please choose the type of book below from the drop down list to be redirected.
|I would like to purchase a:|
Thank your very much for your support, it will be used to fund future writing initiatives and the maintenance of this site!
Still not convinced?
Please read some kind words the book has received from current readers:
This book is more important than any lecture; more critical than any diagnostic test.
The quality of my own work, and my enjoyment of it, have been enhanced by Dr. Meagher’s teachings. I highly recommend this book.
The second last paragraph of the book should be added to the Hippocratic Oath.
If you never have made a mistake, this book is not for you.
The following are the key topics introduced and/or covered in the book:
- Medicine mistakes (i.e. medications, dosage)
- Medical errors (i.e. diagnosis, treatment)
- Reptilian Brain (lower cortex of brain)
- How to make fewer errors (in any field)
- NewMind Response
- Mindfulness exercises
- How to focus on the present
- Your Theory of Error Matters
- Meditate on death to live more fully.
- Tolstoy’s Ivan Illyich asks, “how have I lived?” A Cautionary Tale.
- Ivan Illyich’s Doctors treat his disease but neglect him.
- The Elephant in the Dark House
- “Needless” Mr. Lemond’s reflection on end of life gasping for breath.
- We see what we expect to see.
- The ageless conquest of oneself
- The Inner Game of Golf- of Medicine
- What advice would you give to a medical student?
- “That was a curious incident – the corneal abrasion did not pain.
- Poems to jolt when humanity has flat-lined in the hosptial
- Heard at a Journal Club On “the Difficult Encounter”
- Brochure for upcoming CME event: Staying Tuned La Malbaie, May 8th, 2016
- Staying Tuned CME May 8th at La Malbaie QC
- Percocet (oxycodone): This White Collar Heroin is a dog collar. Who will escape?
- Is Cynicism pernicious to your health?
- Should the privileged get privileged care?
- Antoine Saint de Exupery (or The Carpenter and his Block of Wood)
- Heartsink is a better term than Difficult Patient?
Contact the Author
- January 2017 (1)
- July 2016 (5)
- June 2016 (4)
- May 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (4)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (3)
- October 2014 (6)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (4)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)