About The Author
Dr. John Mary Meagher graduated in medicine from the National University of Ireland, Dublin. He has worked for over forty years as a family physician and emergency room physician and is a highly rated and recommended doctor within his area in Canada. The innovative Theorem of Attribution for Medical Care as well as the NewMind Response™ concepts which he has developed, along with his book which describes these in detail “Medicine, Mistakes and the Reptilian Brain” is the product of eleven years’ research and his most significant work to date. His thesis-novel called “A Bluebell in a Quarry (Corpus Christi on the Eve of the Third Millenium)” as well as several poems and essays have also been previously published. Dr. Meagher works with Horizon Health Network in various senior roles and lives with his wife Bernadette in Moncton, NB Canada. They have five children and six grandchildren.
My mission is to prevent as many medicine mistakes and medical errors as possible.
The author welcomes readers to share suggestions, experiences and critiques related to this topic at the following domain:
Dr. Meagher can be reached for seminars and speaking engagements or through the major social networks via his profiles on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, Goodreads, Google+ or YouTube, or, at the following contact form:
- Your Theory of Error Matters
- Meditate on death to live more fully.
- Tolstoy’s Ivan Illyich asks, “how have I lived?” A Cautionary Tale.
- Ivan Illyich’s Doctors treat his disease but neglect him.
- The Elephant in the Dark House
- “Needless” Mr. Lemond’s reflection on end of life gasping for breath.
- We see what we expect to see.
- The ageless conquest of oneself
- The Inner Game of Golf- of Medicine
- What advice would you give to a medical student?
- “That was a curious incident – the corneal abrasion did not pain.
- Poems to jolt when humanity has flat-lined in the hosptial
- Heard at a Journal Club On “the Difficult Encounter”
- Brochure for upcoming CME event: Staying Tuned La Malbaie, May 8th, 2016
- Staying Tuned CME May 8th at La Malbaie QC
- Percocet (oxycodone): This White Collar Heroin is a dog collar. Who will escape?
- Is Cynicism pernicious to your health?
- Should the privileged get privileged care?
- Antoine Saint de Exupery (or The Carpenter and his Block of Wood)
- Heartsink is a better term than Difficult Patient?
Contact the Author
- January 2017 (1)
- July 2016 (5)
- June 2016 (4)
- May 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (4)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (3)
- October 2014 (6)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (4)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)