The Staying Tuned program brochure has been updated for the latest 2016 offering. We’re calling this latest version of the course Staying Tuned La Malbaie for short. More information on the CME accredited course follows.
Staying Tuned La Malbaie – Program Brochure
A screenshot is included below in case you have trouble with the […]
Staying Tuned – Will not the musician retune the lute when it is out of tune? Epictetus.
Staying Tuned is a Canadian Medical Association accredited course which offers attendees 6 Mainline M1 credits for their participation. The course will be a Guide for Physicians to make them the best use of their most valuable […]
A surgeon who had a hip operation four weeks ago was walking briskly towards me. He had a smile on his face. “How did it go?” I asked.
“The surgery was fine but when I tried to stop the ‘Percs’ (Percocet) I was not able to sleep, began to have the shakes and was awake […]
I’ve been criticized, by many close to me, that I am too naïve, too trusting of people. Once, for example, when returning from Ireland, I had a stop-over in Montréal for a few hours. There I was approached by another Irishman, “Canada is a rotten country and I can’t wait to get the hell out […]
- Your Theory of Error Matters
- Meditate on death to live more fully.
- Tolstoy’s Ivan Illyich asks, “how have I lived?” A Cautionary Tale.
- Ivan Illyich’s Doctors treat his disease but neglect him.
- The Elephant in the Dark House
- “Needless” Mr. Lemond’s reflection on end of life gasping for breath.
- We see what we expect to see.
- The ageless conquest of oneself
- The Inner Game of Golf- of Medicine
- What advice would you give to a medical student?
- “That was a curious incident – the corneal abrasion did not pain.
- Poems to jolt when humanity has flat-lined in the hosptial
- Heard at a Journal Club On “the Difficult Encounter”
- Brochure for upcoming CME event: Staying Tuned La Malbaie, May 8th, 2016
- Staying Tuned CME May 8th at La Malbaie QC
- Percocet (oxycodone): This White Collar Heroin is a dog collar. Who will escape?
- Is Cynicism pernicious to your health?
- Should the privileged get privileged care?
- Antoine Saint de Exupery (or The Carpenter and his Block of Wood)
- Heartsink is a better term than Difficult Patient?
Contact the Author
- January 2017 (1)
- July 2016 (5)
- June 2016 (4)
- May 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (4)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (3)
- October 2014 (6)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (4)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)