I will be away for two weeks. You might wish to consider the following:
How To construct a Firewall around your Citadel of Serenity?
The Stoics constructed a firewall to deflect the assailants to their citadel of serenity.
What are these assailants? We know them too well, some of us more than others do.
What are […]
The aviation industry encourages pilots and air-traffic controllers alike to disclose near misses and lapses. They treat these from a no-blame objective perspective. This perspective promotes honesty and a clearer understanding of the problem and a more likely correction for safer flights.
In his book, “Complications,” Dr. Gawande gives a candid confession of a difficult airway case, which […]
A response to Dr. John Kelly’s book, “Stop Feeding Your Cancer.”
You can’t build a brick house without bricks. But can cancer cells build starved of their protein bricks?
This is the question that Dr. John Kelly asked after reading Prof. T. Colin Campbell’s “The China Study.[i]” This study concluded that the favourite […]
( I have written this summary of my program using the less offensive nomenclature of System I and System II for the reptilian brain and for the new brain respectively).
When we tend the patient two systems are at work in the physician’s mind, System I and System II.
System I expresses the the […]
- Your Theory of Error Matters
- Meditate on death to live more fully.
- Tolstoy’s Ivan Illyich asks, “how have I lived?” A Cautionary Tale.
- Ivan Illyich’s Doctors treat his disease but neglect him.
- The Elephant in the Dark House
- “Needless” Mr. Lemond’s reflection on end of life gasping for breath.
- We see what we expect to see.
- The ageless conquest of oneself
- The Inner Game of Golf- of Medicine
- What advice would you give to a medical student?
- “That was a curious incident – the corneal abrasion did not pain.
- Poems to jolt when humanity has flat-lined in the hosptial
- Heard at a Journal Club On “the Difficult Encounter”
- Brochure for upcoming CME event: Staying Tuned La Malbaie, May 8th, 2016
- Staying Tuned CME May 8th at La Malbaie QC
- Percocet (oxycodone): This White Collar Heroin is a dog collar. Who will escape?
- Is Cynicism pernicious to your health?
- Should the privileged get privileged care?
- Antoine Saint de Exupery (or The Carpenter and his Block of Wood)
- Heartsink is a better term than Difficult Patient?
Contact the Author
- January 2017 (1)
- July 2016 (5)
- June 2016 (4)
- May 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (4)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (3)
- October 2014 (6)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (4)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)